Frequently asked questions
The following provides answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the UH Alumni Business Directory. If you have a question not listed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can.
- Who is considered a UH alumna/alumnus? Anyone who received a degree or certificate from any of the ten University of Hawai‘i campuses is considered a UH alumna/alumnus.
- How will the information I provide be used? If your small business meets qualifications, we will add your business information to our alumni-owned small business directory. The directory will be hosted on a webpage and listings will be categorized by business type (e.g. food, apparel, jewelry, art, etc.).
- How will the directory be advertised? The webpage hosting the directory will be prominently featured on uhalumni.org. In addition, we will be regularly advertising the directory on our UH Alumni social media accounts and including a link to the directory in other types of communications where appropriate.
- What is a General Excise (GE) License? Anyone who receives income from conducting business activities in the State of Hawai‘i must have a General Excise (GE) License. For more information on the General Excise tax, visit tax.hawaii.gov/geninfo/get/
- Can I make changes to my listing or remove it after it’s been added to the directory? Yes, we can make changes to your listing or remove it at any time. Once we have accepted your submission we will provide you with instructions as to how to request changes and/or to have your listing removed.
- Who can I contact if I have any further questions about the directory? If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.