Location: Honolulu, HI
The Volunteer Coordinator supports the efficient operation of the Lanakila Meals on Wheels Division by ensuring there are adequate and appropriate volunteers to meet the program’s needs. The Volunteer Coordinator assists with setting the vision for the volunteer program including for recruitment and retention, orientation and ongoing training and evaluation of volunteers, then develops and implements the short and long-range plans to ensure the goals, objectives, and requirements of Lanakila Pacific and our funders are met.
KEY SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position Specific Duties:
• Plans, designs, coordinates, and conducts outreach activities for the purpose of: 1) educating the community about Lanakila Pacific/Lanakila Meals on Wheels programs and services, 2) recruiting group, company, and individual volunteers, 3) supporting solicitations for financial and in-kind community support.
• Stays up-to-date on the best practices and methodologies related to volunteerism. Implements updated practices and methods to promote the best volunteer experience and ensure the programs is a premium volunteer opportunity.
• Ensure volunteer applicants are only placed after completing all required screenings, including background, sex-offender, and reference checks.
• Develop, maintain and conduct: 1) volunteer orientations, 2) initial and ongoing training's, 3) evaluations, and 4) satisfaction surveys. Engage volunteers to find additional ways for them to further interact with and support Lanakila Pacific/Lanakila Meals on Wheels.
• Addresses program issues with volunteers through coaching and support. In conjunction with program supervisors, terminates volunteers when needed. When possible, makes recommendations for volunteers who are not a good fit in finding other ways to support Lanakila Pacific/Lanakila Meals on Wheels.
• Manage volunteer files and data to include training log, evaluations, periodic re-screening, personal information and schedules. Responsible for the protection of privacy and confidentiality of files and data.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Responsible for effective and timely communication to volunteers and staff to include schedule changes, duties and responsibilities, plans and progress on activities/events, and any updates.
• Responds timely. Professionally addresses questions and concerns. Provides guidance and follow up for emergency situations. Assists with direct operational support if there is insufficient volunteers.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with volunteers, participants, staff and community. Exemplifies a humanistic attitude, anticipating needs and being respectful, caring and courteous.
• Plans and conducts an ongoing, cost-effective volunteer recognition program. Organizes regular volunteer appreciation activities and extends appropriate and timely thank yous.
• Provides training to staff on working with volunteers.
• May provide support in completing all screenings and on-boarding of potential volunteers for best fit and according to program needs.
• Performs other reasonably related business duties as requested.
• Responsible for department/program expenditures and the security of all assets assigned; ensures accurate reporting of expenditures, activities, and statistical data.
• Participates in the preparation of the department/program annual operating budget
• Supervises department/program volunteers; plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates volunteer activities relating to recruitment, managing job duties, training, evaluation, engagement, and termination.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Experience planning, organizing, and training.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Strong connections to the community. Demonstrated awareness of cultural sensitivity and adapting to the situation/audience.
• Valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and able to meet Lanakila’s polices and exceptions for safe drivers.
• Current TB Clearance (valid within one year).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, or related field preferred. Management experience with direct supervision of people, events coordinator, volunteer management, experience in human service agency or related field may qualify to be substituted on a year-to-year basis for the education requirement.
• One year of work experience in a community-based program serving the elderly and/or disabled preferred.
Lanakila Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals with challenges or disabilities to apply.
Please complete an application on our website (www.lanakilapacific.org/employment)