Location: Honolulu, HI
Superb Internet is one of the world's best known and most acclaimed hosting companies dating back over 23 years to 1996, and is now a part of CherryRoad Technologies, a global enterprise technology solutions provider. We provide a full range of hosting services to a truly global and highly diverse client base. Our services range from shared hosting and domains, dedicated servers, through infinitely scalable public, hybrid and private cloud hosting, and up to complex clustered, geographically dispersed dedicated & cloud managed solutions.
We are actively seeking a bright & energetic UI/UX & Graphic Designer / Front-End Web Developer to work on ensuring that all aspects of our web presence and customer portal experience remain “Ahead of the Rest”®. Total focus on the customer experience, impeccable attention to detail, strong graphic skills, and a firm handle on front-end web development are all a must in this role.
About Work Authorization:
This is a full-time position with employee benefits. The UI/UX & Graphic Designer / Front-End Web Developer will be required to work on-site and hands-on in our corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii. Applicant must be authorized to work in USA legally and be able to relocate to Honolulu, Hawaii at the applicant’s expense. Remote work arrangement will not be considered.
About the Position:
- Be responsible for conceiving (presenting multiple mock-ups) and developing on-going updates and revamp of the corporate web site, customer control panel (portal), and internal web-based systems, that reflect the latest in design trends and technologies, with the user experience and maximizing conversions being always the first and utmost focus.
- Work to design and maintain web sites and portals and ensure that they are visually effective, accessible and easy to use.
- Translate non-technical business requirements into dynamic, functional web applications.
- Manage a queue of requests of varying scope and complexity.
- Integrate third party applications into the web site, support web analytics and search engine optimization efforts through diligent coding practices.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients; spear-head and play an active role in website planning and innovation.
- Conceptualize, design, layout and produce compelling on-brand, on-strategy creative solutions via print, web, and PowerPoint.
- Construct engaging presentation experiences, drawing together animation, charts and info graphics into informative and engaging experiences.
- Use, adopt and enhance licensed stock images, staff and facility photos, and create original graphics, all as part of a cohesive brand identity.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-starter with a demonstrated passion for marketing/advertising, user experience & responsive design.
- Expert knowledge of web standards and browser compatibility issues.
- Expert knowledge of building interactive content with the following software/technology: Action Scripting, Adobe Creative Suite, QuickTime, MS Office Suite; expert in HTML and CSS and capable of producing cross-browser, cross-platform, modular and reusable code.
- Superior skills in graphic design (working with stock images, photos, and creating original graphics), user interface design, typography and illustration.
- Superior UI/UX hands-on experience.
- Experience with MySQL, jQuery, and popular frameworks like Prototype or Dojo.
- Ability to create dynamic pages using dynamic keyword insertion for both paid and organic search traffic.
- Understanding of SEO best practices including: title tags, keyword density, internal linking and page rank channeling, external linking, duplicate content issues, robots, XML sitemaps.
- Very well versed in Google Analytics, Web Site Optimizer.
- Basic knowledge of how to administer web servers and subversion.
- Experience with web chat, quote request forms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Exercise excellent judgment in analyzing and resolving complex issues.
- Exceptional attention to detail & QA.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in various stages of development and meet deadlines.
- Expertise in applying best practice during plan/design/implementation phases.
- Marketing or equivalent work experience, including 2-5 years of professional web development experience with a solid understanding of graphic design, with focus on User Interfaces and User Experience.
- Candidate must have an online portfolio and must be able to develop without tables to be considered for this position.
- Candidates that have knowledge of the web hosting industry, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, managed hosting, load balancing, firewalls, clustering, and databases will be strongly preferred.
The Company offers numerous career advancement and professional growth paths and options available, with a strong performance-based compensation plan, and other items such as company matching contributions to its staff 401(k) plan. Initiative and outstanding contribution are encouraged and rewarded.
Please forward a cover letter, complete resume, online portfolio links and salary requirement to email@example.com.