Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Under the supervision of the Treatment Associate Supervisor, supervises and monitors client activities, respond to crisis and emergencies situations, provide support services for medical and clinical team during program and non-program hours, escort clients to appointments and outside treatment activities, daily documentation and responsible for the security and physical conditions of the living environment and for the safety and well being of the Hina Mauka clients. Protects confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
I. Essential Functions
1. Serves as the on duty Hina Mauka staff member during non-structured program hours.
2. Responsible for managing crisis and other emergencies in the facility and consulting/notifying appropriate program staff.
3. Responsible for fire and safety watch, responding to any client crisis, providing appropriate documentation according to Hina Mauka policies and procedures.
4. Provides informal counseling to clients during non-structured programming as needed.
5. Interprets program handbook to clients. Maintains communication between clients and other staff.
6. Maintains client records, contributes to progress notes, and conducts chart audits.
7. Escorts clients to 12 step meetings, other program functions, and outside functions as needed.
8. Coordinates and supervises client activities during non-structured program hours.
9. Under the direction of the Medical Director, via R.N., monitors the condition of minor medical conditions. Consults with and reports to R.N. and/or Medical Director regarding client conditions and need for medical attention. Arranges for client transportation for emergency medical care as directed by Medical Director, R.N. and/or Manager of Adult Services.
10. Conduct medication observation protocols and document on Medication Administration Record (MAR)
11. Under the supervision of the Manager of Adult Services assists counseling staff in providing counseling, education, and skill building services.
12. Participates in shift change and preparation of oncoming shift staff.
13. Responsible for the general cleanliness, orderliness and safety of the residential unit.
14. Provide general living skills teaching and management to clients during housekeeping and outdoor activities
15. Performs urinalysis testing as directed by clinical staff and Contract Manager.
II. Other Functions
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Attend scheduled trainings as mandated
III. Qualification Requirements
Education/Experience and Training:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. One year experience in a substance abuse treatment setting or psychiatric treatment setting preferred.
3. Eligible for certification in CPR and first aid.
4. Valid Hawaii State driver’s license and a current clean abstract.
5. Successfully complete all required Hina Mauka designated trainings shift assignment (TA Duties, Med duties, Interaction Orientation)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed in an appropriate manner
2. Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations with crisis management skills.
3. Well organized and able to maintain accurate and concise records.
4. Computer literate (word, excel, spreadsheets, various software, etc.)
5. Legible handwriting
IV. Physical/Mental Demands
1. Moderate physical effort (lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds); occasional standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases. May perform emergency care.
2. Personal protective equipment: non-sterile medical gloves
3. Must be able to drive car, light truck or small van.