Substance Abuse Counselor for Adolescents (Kapaa, Kaui) - Hina Mauka
Location: Kapaa, Kauai
Substance Abuse Counselors for Adolescents
We are hiring for a Site Counselor to work with adolescents in:
- Kapaa, Kauai
- Full-time, M-F position
- Hina Mauka provides substance use disorder treatment, prevention, and mental health services to adult and adolescents in Oahu and Kauai.
- Hina Mauka is one of the largest accredited substance abuse programs in Hawaii.
- Hina Mauka offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and mental health coverage. Future planning is supported through a 403(b) retirement plan, group life insurance, and other insurance plan options. Paid time off includes 16 annual holidays and more than 4 weeks of PTO a year. Hina Mauka encourages professional growth through trainings, workshops, and support for certification.
Hina Mauka seeks Substance Abuse Counselors to provide adolescent substance abuse treatment and prevention services to adolescents.
- Engages in problem identification and referral.
- Conducts clinical evaluation including screening, intake, and assessment.
- Develops treatment plans that identify desired treatment outcomes and strategies for achieving those outcomes.
- Engages in service coordination, including referral and case management.
- Provides counseling with individuals, groups, and families.
- Conducts evidence-based education and provides presentations to individuals and groups.
- Utilizes media strategies to enhance prevention efforts in the community, disseminate information, and promote environmental strategies for change.
- Conducts evaluation activities, follow-ups, and other outcome related measures.
- Utilizes current research and evidence-based programming and practices with youth.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with referral sources including the school staff.
Education and Experience
- Experience with adolescents and/or substance abuse.
- CSAC or master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Must pass a background check and be able to work with children.
- Must have transportation, submit driver's abstract, have a valid driver's license to travel between sites.
- Position is generally daytime hours, but will also include occasional evening work for school and community events.
Please email resume and cover letter.
- For the subject heading write: Substance Abuse Counselor for Adolescents
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: HR, Hina Mauka