Location: Bradenton, FL
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Sales Consultant within the Small Business is responsible for pursuing new prospects and selling TriNet’s line of premium benefits, payroll, and HR services. The primary targeted markets comprise companies with under 6 employees in defined industry verticals and under 100 employees for emerging markets. The Sales Consultant is responsible for meeting TriNet’s yearly sales quota of Worksite Employees (WSE) by identifying, prospecting, presenting, proposing and closing our PEO services to C- level executives of small to mid-sized business (SMBs).
Additionally, the Sales Consultant works with business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk while providing excellent service to their employees by moving them to a consolidated HR model.
The Sales Consultant demonstrates a thorough understanding of TriNet’s value proposition and has the ability to quantify this benefit for clients. S/he writes proposals, gains appropriate approvals, and presents those proposals to prospective clients. Finally, the Sales Consultant utilizes data to position products and enable customers to understand how TriNet’s products and services will impact their own P&L.
• Find and develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, business development through support organizations, and Centers of Influence
• Employ consultative selling and establish a trusted advisor relationship in order to determine the prospect's needs, create engagement, alignment, desire, and acceptance
• Sell our core Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services to C-level executives at prospective small businesses by quantifying TriNet’s benefits and value proposition
• Work with business owners and their leaders to help them contain costs, simplify administration, and minimize employer-related risk by moving to a consolidated HR model
• Write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present approved proposals to prospective clients
• Utilize data to position products and involve the prospective customer in determining how various capabilities, products and services impact not only their P&L but also their ability to efficiently run their organization
• Responsible for concurrently moving a number of prospects through sequential stages of sales process: initial prospect meeting, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison, technology demonstration, proposal presentation, and close.
• Achieve the quota target by meeting sales metrics that drive business opportunities.
• Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate POISE , TriNet’s core values, at all times.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
• Minimum 1 year experience in consultative sales
• Minimum 3 years of B2B sales experience
• Previous experience with developing own leads and prospecting for brand new business
• Human Capital Management industry experience a plus
• Prior experience selling in one of the following industries is a plus: SaaS, HRO, BPO
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Ability to use technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• Required to work at the Bradenton, FL TriNet office location
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.