Location: Honolulu, HI
The payroll administrator performs and supervises all activities necessary to process multiple payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for senior management.
In addition to the core payroll duties incumbent will field questions and correspond with employees and all levels of management. Incumbent may be asked to support the Human Resources Departments in various tasks such as processing hires, employee changes, and terminations, review of HR forms, employment verifications and producing various reports. This position also involves heavy clerical functions including data entry, computer application skills, filing, telephone etiquette, etc.
Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Supervises the payroll team and the payroll processing functions
- Prepare/process/transmit federal, state and local tax funding files and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain payroll-related records with great accuracy and detail
- Prepare and process child support and wage garnishments in a timely manner.
- Research complex payroll issues for proper treatment.
- Run regular audits on payroll results and make corrective adjustments as necessary.
- Work with external auditors to verify payroll data, procedures and compliance with payroll laws.
- Process incentive, labor and other reports as requested.
- Partner with Benefits to ensure the accurate and timely processing of benefit deduction adjustments.
- Manage the delivery of key payroll and compensation projects that include obtaining an understanding of the issue, collaboration with key team members about the issues and co-development of recommendation.
- Design execution plans for new compensation and pay policies and supervise their administration.
- Ensure compliance with all Wage and Hours laws, ERISA, federal and state contractor requirements and laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Human Resources to identify issues, communicate with employees, and assist with reporting issues
- Partner with human resources to ensure all payroll transactions are authorized and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Partner with timekeepers on automated interface from PA system to payroll system and troubleshoot and fix any errors or projects.
- Calculate and prepare quarterly TDI premium payments and wage reporting.
- Process pre payroll transmission audits and balancing.
- Perform year-end adjustments, such as third party sick pay and employee gross-ups.
- Prepare accounting entries to record payroll activities
- Prepare account reconciliations and other payroll controls such as balancing payroll results to payroll tax returns and to year-end Form W-2 statements.
- Interface with accounting department, banks and other outside sources regarding payroll policies and interpretation, pay computations, direct deposits and so forth.
- Serves as systems administrator for the electronic payroll software platform, maintaining employee records and company-level records and settings.
- Leads implementations and upgrades for payroll and time & attendance systems.
- Calculate/prepare/deliver payroll adjustments and backpay as needed.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Contact: Tatiana Robertson, Roberts Hawaii