Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Position Summary: FULL-TIME, 40 hrs/week.
MORNING SHIFT 6AM - 2:30PM W/ FLEXIBILITY TO COVER NIGHT SHIFT 2PM - 10:30PM IF NEEDED.
Medical assistant carries out the direct therapeutic interaction with patients in accordance with the Hina Mauka polices and procedures and is clinically supervised by registered nurse and administrative coordination by medical department supervisor. The therapeutic interaction is designed to bring about the transmittal of education, direction, and support to the patients results in the increased level of functioning and an melioration of the damaging effects of serious mental illness. Also shares in the responsibility for the safety and well-being of the Hina Mauka patients and protects the confidentiality of patients and patient records in accordance with all applicable federal regulations. Consults and collaborates with the nurses and MD on patient care and received clinical direction.
1. Monitors patients taking of medication and the maintenance of the Medication Log
2. Documentation in patient chart and electronic records.
3. Maintains patient records in accordance with Hina Mauka policies and procedures and in compliance with all state and federal laws (CFR 42, HIPAA), licensing and accreditation standards, and contract stipulations.
4. Consults with and reports to RN/APRN or Medical Director regarding patient conditions and need of medical attention.
5. Arranges for patient transportation for emergency medical care as directed by medical staff.
6. Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measures vital signs and documents all information in patient’s chart.
7. Sets up telehealth clinic for MD and other outside appointment.
8. Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is filed is available in patient’s medical records prior to their appointment.
9. Keep exam rooms stocked adequate medical supplies.
10. Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient, physician, pharmacy, and insurance calls.
11. Coordinates patients care with outside offices.
II. Other Functions
1. Performs other related duties as assigned by RN and medical department supervisor.
2. Provide emergency transportation if necessary
III. Qualification Requirements
Education/Experience and Training:
1. Current MA Certification preferred. CNA/NA, nursing and pre-medical students with clinical experience welcome.
2. CPR and first aid certified
3. Valid driver’s license with clean abstract preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with and relate to patients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed, co-morbid conditions. Comfortable working with the legally encumbered population
2. Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations with crisis management skills.
2. Well organized and able to maintain accurate concise records and document in the electronic and physical chart.
3. Ability to work with medical and non-medical personnel in supervisory capacity.
II. Physical/Mental Demands
Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 pounds); occasional standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. May be exposed to infectious and contagious disease. May perform emergency care.
Hina Mauka offers a robust benefits package to our regular, full-time employees.
Paid Time Off. Hina Mauka offers very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits to employees that increases over their length of employment.
Holidays. Hina Mauka provides paid time off for 15 annual holidays plus Election Day. Holidays include New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, state holidays, and most federal holidays.
Health Insurance. Hina Mauka provides the option of health insurance to employees who work 20 or more hours a week through HMSA or Kaiser. Prescription drug coverage and vision is included in these plans. Additionally, dental insurance is provided through HDS.
ALFAC. Supplemental insurance plans are available through AFLAC.
Employee Assistance Program. Hina Mauka utilizes an Employee Assistance Program through Work Life Hawaii at no cost to the employee.
Training. Support is available for work-related workshops.
Retirement Plan. Hina Mauka has a 403(b) plan that allows for pre-tax contributions by the employee for deferred tax saving.
Life Insurance. Group life insurance is offered at no cost to the employee.
Other benefits. Family and medical leave, worker’s compensation, TDI, bereavement leave, and supplemental pay for jury duty are also available.
Submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer