Location: Honolulu, HI
The Meals on Wheels Manager is responsible for overseeing all programs and services under the Home Delivery Department; ensuring contract requirements, goals, and objectives of Lanakila Pacific and our funders are met. Also responsible for supporting the Lanakila Meals on Wheels department and ensuring services are in line with Lanakila Pacific’s values and standards.
KEY SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working under the supervision of the Lanakila Meals on Wheels Director, the Home Delivery Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all Home Delivery sites, including Shuttle Stops, staff and volunteers.
2. Conducts routine supervising of program staff including interviewing, hiring, training, completing performance evaluations, issuing corrective action up to and including termination and balancing staffing needs.
3. Stays up-to-date on and implements best practices and methodologies related to communicating and connecting with the target audience, meal production, delivery, safety, health and food sanitation procedures and best practices.
4. Ensures program activities are efficient and cost effective.
5. Coordinates or conducts monthly or more frequent meetings which include staff training/lessons for staff development to increase staff competency in job responsibilities, increase awareness of senior-related issues, and engage/motivate staff.
6. Oversees Volunteer activities to approve, train, evaluate, terminate, and appreciate department volunteers.
7. Oversees Data activities to collect, retain, analyze, and produce program data for reports, to advise program activities and for program advancement. Review program performance to increase productivity and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
8. Creates and receives approval for program tools and resources. Ensures department policies and procedures are up to date and followed.
9. Strategizes, designs, coordinates, and conducts outreach activities for the purpose of: 1) educating the community about Lanakila Pacific/Lanakila Meals on Wheels programs and services, 2) securing the support and resources needed to operate the department, and 3) assisting individuals in meeting eligibility requirements and receiving services. Outreach activities must meet program and contract goals/outcomes.
10. Responsible for ensuring program participation according to goals set by Lanakila Pacific. Communicates with funders on eligibility status, emergency requests, changes in status, and issues that arise.
11. Reviews assessments, program records and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness. Coordinates record updates, satisfaction surveys, incidents reports, memos, newsletters, and all other program information required.
12. Reviews meal calendars, counts, food orders, projections, delivery logs, inventory, delivered/returned/undelivered meals, and other program information. Addresses staff on anomalies and discrepancies.
13. Develops and maintains positive rapport with program participants, volunteers, facility managers, and community supporters. Collects success stories/narratives, measure participant improvement, and program outcomes. Reports information to Director regularly.
14. Provides excellent customer service. Effectively communicate with LMOW staff, funding sources, stakeholders and others.
• Ensure program expenses are approved in advance and appropriate.
• Directly supervises staff and volunteers in the Home Delivery Department.
Safety and Facility:
• Must be able to address concerns and issues as they arise. Must be able to act quickly and appropriately during emergency situations and deescalate hostile situations.
• Must maintain confidentiality and ensure a respectful environment.
• Must ensure compliance with all operating, safety and sanitation procedures and practices.
• Must secure and protect program assets and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
• Compiles and submits in a timely manner all data for required and as needed daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Timely communication and response to all correspondence including phone, email, inter-office mail and text message.
• Conduct questionnaires and/or surveys semi-annually and as needed.
• Raise issues, concerns, questions, and suggestions to the Director for the purpose of resolving program issues and/or improving the program.
• Promote and support participants in receiving program services including providing education and presentations of services, soliciting referrals, and developing partnerships to benefit the program.
• Coordinates the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Meal Services, Volunteer Appreciation, and fundraising.
• Performs other reasonably related business duties as requested.
• Demonstrate Lanakila Pacific’s values of teamwork, excellence, achievement, motivation and Lanakila in all personal interactions with others and exemplify Lanakila’s TEAM values.
• Must comply with established policies, procedures, and practices.
• Attain 40 hours of continued education annually.
• Industry Knowledge: Knowledgeable of kupuna needs and social support programs. Experience working in order fulfillment and delivery industry.
• Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with community members, public/private sector officials, professionals, paraprofessionals, administrative support, kupuna and caregivers; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the English language; ability to identify if a translator is needed and coordinate services to ensure language or cultural barriers are eliminated; and ability to give clear instructions or directions to others using various communication methods.
• Relationship Management: Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and effective utilization of community resources; and ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people.
• Critical Evaluation: Demonstrates planning, organizational and time management skills; ability to use good judgment and initiative; and ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Leadership: Ability to monitor/assess performance of self and other individuals, processes and make improvements or take corrective actions as necessary; ability to use good judgment and initiative when making decisions; and ability to perform under pressure and coordinate and manage volunteers, resources, curricula, etc.
• Technology/Tools: Demonstrates high level computer proficiency in MS Office and database applications.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Excellent planning, organizing, and training ability.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Strong connections to the community. Demonstrated awareness of cultural sensitivity and adapting to the situation/audience.
• Valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and able to meet Lanakila’s polices and expectations for safe drivers.
• Current TB Clearance (valid within one year).
• Pass criminal background check.
• Pass pre-employment/post-employment checks.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in related field plus at least 2-year supervisory experience preferred. High School Diploma plus 4-years of closely related/relevant industry experience and at least 2-year supervisory experience minimum requirement.
• 1-year of work experience in a human services program or direct customer service directly serving the elderly and/or disabled preferred.
• 1-year work experience in leading and managing volunteers preferred.
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certification required.
• Department of Health Food Handlers Safety Certification required.
Home Delivery Operating Hours typically Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm; Saturday, 6:30am – 11:30am. May be required to work beyond normal business hours to include occasional evening and weekend work. Required to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Meal Events.
Indoors, walk-in reefer/freezer, outdoors, in various community settings; will travel for program activities including home visits, to program sites, for outreach and meetings, etc.
Lanakila Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals with challenges or disabilities to apply.
Please complete an application on our website (www.lanakilapacific.org/employment)