IT Analyst II - PACS (Information Systems)
Location: Kamuela, HI
Working with Radiology and IT staff, the IT Analyst responsible for PACS will manage the Radiology PACS software application in the hospital, where duties range from troubleshooting technical issues, to analyzing and optimizing workflows, to training staff on the use of the application, to optimizing the performance of the application's systems. Due to the critical nature of the radiology PACS application in patient care, on-call duties may be required in the evenings and weekends for the 24x7 operation of the system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently, with good judgment and minimal oversight.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based operating systems, programs and computer hardware; knowledge of servers, networking and archive storage devises desired.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Interaction with others: continually – with office personnel, physicians, nurses, suppliers, vendors, and administrators. May include those who are impatient, demanding, or distraught. Requires tact and diplomacy. Supports NHCH philosophy, goals, policies and procedures.
- Time/Deadline/Shift/Overtime/Requirements: occasionally – job requires considerable organization to anticipate needs and to complete projects/reports in a timely manner.
- Flexibility Requirements: frequently –must be flexible to respond to varying work from day to day and to prioritize job duties, to deal with a variety of people, to work despite frequent interruptions, and to respond to emergencies.
- Pace Requirements: occasionally – pacing required getting projects completed in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills: frequently – to communicate with a wide variety of individuals with varying needs/agendas. Must be able to speak clearly and be easily understood.
- Attention to Detail Requirements: continuous accuracy required for almost all phases of the job.
- Other Psychological Demands: may need to respond to emergencies, identify problems quickly, and take rapid actions
Typical Physical Demands:
- Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, and speaking.
- Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
- Frequent: walking.
- Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
- Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
- Lifting/Carrying: occasionally – to carry mail or other light items, boxes from hospital. Average weight is 10-12 lbs. With the maximum being 30 lbs. lift from floor to 36”.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is conducted in a well-lighted, air-conditioned office.
- Normally works an eight-hour shift from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. As an exempt position, the job may frequently require working hours beyond the regular business hours listed above.
- Dress and appearance is neat, clean and professional.
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Health Care, or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Occasionally uses automobile to travel to various meetings at the hospital and elsewhere. Must have an unrestricted driver’s license, i.e. night driving, limited radius or work travel limitations.
- In addition to educational requirement, minimum one (1) year experience in information systems in two (2) or more of the following areas: applications design, selection, implementation and support, on line transaction processing systems, systems software, performance evaluation and tuning, automated systems and operations, system integration, artificial intelligence, expert systems, and design, implementation, tuning and support.
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience in a specific area of IT may be preferred.
To express interest in this position please visit our website at www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers. Look for Job Opening #114304.
Contact: North Hawaii Community Hospital