GIS Specialist I
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is a 100% employee owned, public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients. Headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, EA employs more than 500 professionals through a network of 26 offices across the continental United States, as well as Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam. In business for more than 45 years, EA has earned an outstanding reputation for technical expertise, responsive service, and judicious use of client resources.
We have a full -time GIS Specialist I opportunity in our Honolulu, HI office.
- Manage and maintain a GIS-based asset management system
- Edit the storm water structure database using standard ArcGIS software and tools
- Research the storm water connectivity and ownership using as-built plans, building permits, and other State, City, and public maps and documents
- Assist with development of new IBM-Maximo modules and help maintain already developed ones
- Create various maps and conduct data analysis using ArcGIS spatial analyst tools for various programs
- Develop and manage maps on ArcGIS Collector (mobile GIS software) and develop and manage surveys on ArcGIS Survey123 (mobile GIS/survey software)
- Conduct field work to verify storm water connections using a Trimble GPS
- Download Trimble GPS points and process them into different formats using GPS Pathfinder Office
- Participate in Visual Trash Assessment to determine rate trash levels along DOT-HWYS roadways and download, analyze, and report on results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or equivalent. GIS certification is desired.
- Ability to use tools for managing users, maps, and shapefiles, collector for ArcGIS, survey123 for ArcGIS, and GPS Pathfinder Office is preferred
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- Tuition reimbursement
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- An employee wellness program
Contact: Eboni Lee, EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC