Location: Molokai, HI
Pu’u O Hoku Ranch encompasses 14,000 acres of forest, agricultural and coastal conservation lands on the east end of Moloka’i . The Ranch is managed for conservation and as a retreat for families and groups. Current business activities include: hospitality facilities, organic & biodynamic farming, small livestock operation and honey production.
Future business opportunities: axis deer hunts, commercial native plant nursery and educational programs. We also have an extensive renewable energy program that powers much of the ranch including solar, micro-hydro, wind and biomass gasification.
The General Manager
- provides leadership, management oversight and business development for all programs and activities at Pu'u O Hoku Ranch.
- oversees the Department Heads of each of the business programs and is responsible for working with them to create business plans, develop budgets, set goals and priorities and monitor progress.
- oversees and coordinates maintenance on all ranch systems including buildings, irrigation systems, wind, solar and landscape.
- engages with a diverse set of partners: attorneys, outside professionals, contractors, government agencies, community groups, neighbors, elected officials and others, serving as the ranch's primary spokesperson in the Moloka'i community. Ranch lands are regularly used by the local community for hunting, fishing, recreation and traditional cultural activities.
- reports to and works directly with the owner. They also work closely with the corporate office in Boston (Peregrine Financial aka PFC), which provides operational support with accounting, financial reporting and all administrative matters.
The position requires working knowledge of ranching and ranch systems, agriculture, as well as land stewardship and the ability to foster a diverse set of businesses by working effectively with staff and community.
- Demonstrated, successful work experience in land management, preferably in Hawaii or similarly remote area.
- Ability to drive the development of the various agricultural businesses including oversight of product development and marketing.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse team.
- Working knowledge of conservation and sustainable land management issues.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working cooperatively, leading by example, promoting integrity and accountability, and respecting cultural differences.
- Strong personal commitment to regenerative agriculture and sustainable land stewardship.
- Accounting and financial report experience; Computer skills for email, word processing and spreadsheets.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org