Front-End & Middleware Web Developer
Location: Honolulu, HI
Superb Internet is one of the world's best known and most acclaimed hosting companies dating back over 23 years to 1996, and is now a part of CherryRoad Technologies, a global enterprise technology solutions provider. We provide a full range of hosting services to a truly global and highly diverse client base. Our services range from shared hosting and domains, dedicated servers, through infinitely scalable public, hybrid and private cloud hosting, and up to complex clustered, geographically dispersed dedicated & cloud managed solutions.
We are actively seeking a bright & energetic UI/UX & Graphic Designer / Front-End Web Developer to work on ensuring that all aspects of our web presence and customer portal experience remain “Ahead of the Rest”®. Total focus on the customer experience, impeccable attention to detail, strong graphic skills, and a firm handle on front-end web development are all a must in this role.
About Work Authorization:
This is a full-time position with employee benefits. The UI/UX & Graphic Designer / Front-End Web Developer will be required to work on-site and hands-on in our corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii. Applicant must be authorized to work in USA legally and be able to relocate to Honolulu, Hawaii at the applicant’s expense. Remote work arrangement will not be considered.
About the Position:
Do you like to code and optimize responsive, highly complex, dynamic and interactive web sites and web applications? Are you a master of HTML and CSS? Are you well versed in PHP? Can you build a site with or without a CMS? If you ...answered yes to all the above, we have a Front-End & Middleware Web Developer position with highly detailed web site, customer and internal portal designs ready to be coded, and here the innovation (and fun) never stops, as we are a 100% online and customer centric company.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Graphic Design (with strong coding experience), Multimedia Design, or relevant experience.
- 2 years minimum expert-level experience with HTML/XHTML, XML, JS, and CSS
- 2 years minimum web programming experience with PHP, and ASP or JSP, jQuery
- 1 year experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MS-SQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Ability to create dynamic pages using dynamic keyword insertion for both paid and organic search traffic
- In-depth of SEO best practices including: title tags, keyword density, internal linking and page rank channeling, external linking, duplicate content issues, robots, XML sitemaps
- Expert-level experience in Google Analytics, Web Site Optimizer
- Solid knowledge of how to administer web servers and subversion
- Extensive experience with web chat, quote & request forms
- Extensive online research and self-learning skills
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Expertise in applying best practice during planning, design, and implementation phases
- Ability to work effectively solo and as a member of a team
- Clear written and verbal communication skill
- Exercise excellent judgment in analyzing and resolving complex issues
- Exceptional attention to detail & QA
- Must have an online portfolio and must be able to develop without tables to be considered for this position.
- Candidates that have knowledge of the web hosting industry, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, managed hosting, load balancing, firewalls, clustering, and databases will be strongly preferred
- Work with graphic & UI/UX designer(s) to conceptualize, design, and produce compelling on-brand, on-strategy online web sites, portals and applications, with responsive and multi-platform compatible design
- Work with back-end developers to effectively design, built, create, optimize and test the middle and front-end layer for web applications, portals and web sites, including complex interactive PHP code and SQL queries
- Integrate numerous third party and internally-developed applications into the web site, support web analytics and search engine optimization efforts through diligent coding practices
- Communicate effectively with internal clients; spear-head and play an active role in website planning and innovation
- Manage multiple projects on any given day
- Prioritize daily tasks and projects to ensure timely completion; adhere to project deadlines and milestones
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML templates
- Work in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks, or equivalent applications as and when required
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a demonstrated passion for marketing/advertising, user experience and responsive design
The Company offers numerous career advancement and professional growth paths and options available, with a strong performance-based compensation plan, and other items such as company matching contributions to its staff 401(k) plan. Initiative and outstanding contribution are encouraged and rewarded.
Please forward a cover letter, complete resume, online portfolio links and salary requirement to email@example.com.
Contact: Human Resources Department, Superb Internet