Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Under the supervision of the Food Service Supervisor, is involved in food service from planning, obtaining, and storing all food supplies and provisions. Ensures safe and smooth operations of the kitchen.
I. Essential Functions
1. Responsible for the safe operation of food service for the facility.
2. Implements menu planning as provided by the Registered Dietician.
3. Prepares and services meals during scheduled work hours.
4. Responsible for the proper cleanliness and safe maintenance of kitchen, dining
room and food service equipment.
5. Ensures that all food service complies with State of Hawaii Department of Health
I. Other Functions
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. Qualification Requirements
Experience and Training:
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Food service study in high school, community college or vocational training.
3. Two (2) years work related experience in food preparation and service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to plan, order and maintain all provisions necessary for operation of the facility food service.
2. Ability to work and relate to clients with substance abuse disorders, including dually diagnosed.
3. Ability to prioritize tasks, and function in diverse food related duties, and as a team member.
IV. Physical/Mental Demands
Heavy physical effort (lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds); frequent prolonged standing/walking occasionally lifts supplies/equipment; subject to burns ands cuts.