Location: Ewa Beach
POSITION TITLE: Events Manager (EM)
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
SUPERVISOR: Senior Sales & Events Manager (SSEM)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salary
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Events Manager EM oversees all types of events including formal banquets, birthday parties, wedding reception, anniversaries, retirement, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, conference meetings, employee appreciation events, charity events and virtual events to name a few. This person will report to the Senior Sales & Events Manager and work closely with Sales and Promotions Manager, Kitchen Manager and Event Coordinator on the preceding events listed and other special events. The Events Manager will work in partnership with the Kitchen Manager and banquet staff to ensure all productions meet expectations. The Event Management Team and/or the Banquet Captain or Banquet Staff, is expected to be on site the day of the event to oversee set-up or perform the set-up themselves, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. The EM also serves as one of the point persons between the Kroc Center staff and clients being serviced. The EM will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s or associate degree in food service, hospitality management or project management preferred. Marketing Degree and or Event Management Experience is a plus
2. Events managers should be able to deal with high levels of stress and be able to make quick decisions
3. Extremely well organized, detail oriented and able to balance multiple events concurrently
4. Demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills, budgeting, and scheduling of employees
5. Solid communicator, both written and verbal
6. Able to utilize event management and scheduling software
7. Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
8. Possesses knowledge of food production and service
9. Able to lead teams outside of the department
10. Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism
11. Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
12. Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
13. At least 2 years’ experience coordinating special events
14. Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and web searches
15. Have or obtain within 10 days a valid Hawaii Driver’s license and insured transportation
1. Conduct tours, host food tastings and network to sell available Kroc venues to prospective clients.
2. Overseas Event Coordinator
3. Responsible for inside and outside sales
4. Work closely with Sales and Promotions Manager and Marketing team in creating and distributing marketing materials (invitations, flyers, advertisements)
5. Work closely with Senior Sales & Events Manager to develop menu packages
6. Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, venue layouts, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. Mange all event details using appropriate event templates.
7. Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meeting with clients, guests, and catering staff as needed
8. Coordinate with other Kroc Departments (i.e. Audio/Visual, Facilities) to help facilitate services
9. Utilize Event and Facility Scheduling software as part of standard operating procedures
10. Gather accurate event information and ensure that facility and event setups are complete and accurate for all rentals and events
11. Administer and review event contracts for each event. Ensure prospective events and clients are properly screened prior to contract approval. Ensures client insurance certificates have arrived prior to event load-ins for all events
12. Be responsible for collecting payments associated with assigned events, if required by contract
13. Ensures all payments have been received prior to event load-ins for all events
14. Act as or assign an E.M.O.D. for events being coordinated
15. Assist in the management of day-to-day operations and assignments of Event staff, plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work
16. Supervise banquets operations and personnel
17. Attend weekly BEO and sales meetings
18. See Events through execution till passed on to Banquet Captain
19. Facilitate Banquet Captain Meetings
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Work under stressful conditions
2. Interact with others with courtesy and tact, emote the “Aloha Spirit”
3. Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner to meet tight deadlines
4. Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
5. Complete projects on schedule
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds; traveling by airplane. This employee may also be required to work weekends and evenings.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
Equipment used includes general office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners, printers, fax machines, telephone (office, cell, PDA), microphones, audio-visual equipment, 10-key calculator, and automobile.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at the administration office. There will also be times where this employee will be outdoors meeting with vendors and clients. Attendance at trainings and conferences, both in Hawaii and on the mainland, may be required. Extensive travel is possible, including air travel, driving long distances, night driving, overnight travel, and extended travel of three days or more.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
• Will require a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
• Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.