Electrical Engineer III
Location: California-Silicon Valley/Peninsula
We are looking for a talented electrical engineer to join our team and contribute in the area of PCB development and subsystem integration. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated contributor that has the vision and initiative to provide technical leadership on the assigned project.
Main job functions would include:
- Drive the development, test and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect) with minimal supervision.
- Actively participate in the subsystem integration process collaborating with the SW and Mechanical teams
- Write technical documentation that meets the defined quality standards for manufacturing, service, or other departments as required.
- Interact with manufacturing, purchasing, service, quality assurance teams to support a smooth product transition into manufacturing and the field
- Exercise responsibility for product cost and quality within design and specification constraints.
- Assure that program objectives and schedules are attained.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS +5 years or MS + 3 years in Electrical Engineering
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering principles, analog and digital electronics design both at the theoretical and implementation level.
- Experience in the design, development and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect).
- Experience in analyzing system level requirements and define suitable system architectural partitioning to achieve optimal performances, cost and reliability.
- Experience in coordinating Subject Matter Experts in different disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software) to drive the resolution of complex system level issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shows sense of urgency in completing the assigned tasks
- Desired skill: HDL knowledge (VHDL preferred) and FPGA design experience
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Touching millions of lives every day inspires us to do our best work. Start with your talent, ambition and creativity and build a career that allows you to make a difference. You’ll also enjoy an array of benefits, including: a 401K plan with a generous 6% match, an employee stock purchase program, wellness programs, fitness centers, comprehensive insurance plans, flexible paid time off, and so much more.
Contact: Jean Appleman, Varian Medical Systems