Director of Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
Location: Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795
This position is responsible for the planning, operation, and evaluation of nutrition, exercise fitness, gardening, wellness, and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) services at the Waimanalo Health Center in accordance with existing laws, policies, rules and regulations. This position is allocated 50% time for administrative duties and 50% time for direct client, group, or community counseling or education. Provides health education and counseling to all Waimanalo Health Center clients in a culturally sensitive, patient-centered manner, with a team-based approach to care. Creates nutritional programs to promote increased nutritional awareness for patients with chronic disease, as well as general health and wellness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and change management skills.
- At least three years’ experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center is preferred
- Ability to work with little supervision, ability to be self-directed
- Previous management and/or supervisory experience preferred
- Personnel management skills: Ability to evaluate staff clinical competency, quality of job workflow, staff scheduling and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Must have good communication, supervisory and organizational skills as well as a good
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and professionals in a culturally appropriate manner understanding of patient and workflow processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Quality improvement experience preferred
- Familiarity with the communities to be served is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system is preferred. Will be required to work on Electronic Medical Records system.
- Use of email required
- Must have enhanced computer skills, word processing, spread sheets, data extraction and reports (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited college with a minimum of a master’s degree.
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator is preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification is required.
- Two-step Tuberculosis clearance is required.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental Drug, Vision) – Employee coverage paid by WHC
- Discounted Medical and Dental services provided by WHC
- Paid Holidays – 10 Full days and 2 Half Days
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Wellness Hours
- Wellness Bucks - $200 annually
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Group-term Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Retirement Savings Pan 403(b) – Employer match 50% of employee contribution up to a maximum of 3% of employee wages
- Flexible Spending Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-tax Commute Plan
- Longevity Benefit – After 10 or more years of service
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- and more.....
Contact: Malulani Eccleshall, Waimanalo Health Center
Phone: (808) 954-7173