Director of Alumni Relations Programs
- Develop and create, in consultation with the University of Hawai‘i Foundation Vice President, Marketing and Communications – Alumni and Donor Relations, a compelling, practical vision for alumni relations programming that advances the mission of the University and UHF.
- Oversee regional and international alumni engagement activities in coordination with other alumni engagement staff, UHF development, system and campus leadership, and alumni volunteers in various regions.
- Forge strong alliances with the alumni engagement team, UHF development and other UHF staff to secure greater alumni commitment to University of Hawai‘i programs and enhance services to alumni and friends.
- Implement programming that represents alumni interests within the context of broader advancement goals of the university.
- Develop and implement programs to strengthen alumni-to-university, alumni-to-alumni, and alumni-to-student networks working closely with UHF and campus staff on engagement programs that will raise the visibility of UH and campus excellence, build pride, and turn alumni into brand ambassadors for UH.
- Manage all aspects of the program from development, implementation and execution. Develop a strategic plan and a program manual for each program.
- Programs may include and are not limited to: Career Development and Mentorship, Young Alumni, Parent Engagement, Lifelong Learning, Regional Activities.
- Develop programs to increase student involvement with alumni.
- Coordinate program development and activities in collaboration with alumni engagement staff, Foundation and campus leadership/staff.
- Analyze quarterly alumni demographic reports. Implement strategies to continually improve alumni engagement and participation numbers.
- Provide guidance in best practices in the alumni relations profession and benchmark the alumni relations program against its peers.
- Ensure adequate planning, systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls to provide appropriate risk management and compliance with federal, state, and local statutes, university policies, practices, and established guidelines, and principles of prudent management.
- Develop an annual business plan and budget. Develop and achieve measurable goals and objectives in fulfillment of the organization’s strategic direction.
- Cultivate an ethical and compassionate environment of accountability, collegiality, and teamwork to support the goals of the organization and create a sense of partnership between staff and volunteers.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as assigned.
Contact: University of Hawai‘i Foundation
Phone: (808) 956-9786