Digital Equipment Operator
Location: Honolulu, HI
- Performs all aspects of digital printing and vinyl cutting including, but not limited to, opening computer files and RIPing, loading/unloading materials, calibrating machines for material and color, laminating prints and performing quality control checks.
- Maintains equipment, performs minor service including, but not limited to, changing blades and ink, purging hoses, tightening belts and cleaning print heads.
- Receives and reviews orders from the Lead Graphics Designer and ensures that print/vinyl-cut orders meet correct specifications; plans printing schedule for efficient use of material and time.
- Monitors inventory of all inks, laminate and digital printing substrates; notifies Lead Graphics Designer of any problems impacting proper inventory levels.
- Maintains accurate records of all time and materials used for digital printing, vinyl cutting and laminating.
- Assists Graphic Designers as a back-up to create graphic files for customer approval, as needed, and keeps current with techniques in graphic design.
- Assists in the production and installation of signs and graphics as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- Graphic Arts degree preferred.
- One year experience in sign making or graphics industry, or 3 years experience in manufacturing, production or construction setting.
- Working knowledge of graphic arts software; aptitude to learn in-house software; ability to operate computer keyboard and digital equipment with sufficient proficiency to complete work in a timely manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills sufficient for measuring, layout work and calculating material usage.
- Skilled in use of small hand tools.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
- Able to wear negative pressure respirator on occasion.
- Good eyesight and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid driver's license and driving abstract required.
Contact: Rachel Kobayashi, Grace Pacific