Location: Honolulu, HI
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Development Coordinator is a key member of the Institutional Advancement team and plays a supportive role in the growth and advancement of Bishop Museum. S/he provides administrative support for the Institutional Advancement division and is primarily responsible for the handling of all paperwork and deposits. S/he also services external inquiries and requests from museum supporters and the general public on a daily basis. This person is pivotal to the smooth functioning and quality of the Museum’s development operation and works proactively and collaboratively to ensure that all administrative needs are met and that communication flows smoothly in all directions.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Prepares and processes all check requests, credit card logs, contract summaries, service agreements, expense reports, cash receipts, merchandise transfers, and related paperwork for the Institutional Advancement Division.
- Receives, addresses, and/or routes all external donor/member inquiries received to appropriate staff and ensures prompt and courteous handling of all donor/member requests.
- Prepares and completes daily deposits for development and membership contributions. Processes credit card transactions, and generates bank deposits and reports in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Supports the Museum’s Board Development Committee including distributing meeting notices, taking RSVPs, recording meeting minutes, and distributing correspondence.
- Provides administrative support for the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, including, but not limited to, coordinating/attending meetings, drafting simple correspondence, scheduling, filing, and project coordination.
- Manages the Museum’s bulk postage accounts with United States Postal Service.
- Maintains the division’s budget records, and prepares monthly reports on revenues and expenses.
- Provides Raiser’s Edge and prospect research support for Database Coordinator as necessary.
- Performs other duties as needed, including coordinating/staffing select donor events as part of the Institutional Advancement team.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Associate Degree, professional certification, or equivalent work experience required.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain composure under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and coordinate standard professional correspondence and communications pieces.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve departmental goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; warm and pleasant demeanor
- Flexibility in working hours, as some evening and weekend work is required.
- Must have own car with proof of insurance and valid Hawai‘i Drivers License
- Professional business like appearance
- Good Attendance
- Detail oriented
- Experience in a development office a plus
- Familiarity with Hawaiian or Pacific culture and history a plus
Hours: Full-time, some evening and weekends required
Deadline to apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.
To Apply: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/apply/827/B4CY
For More Information: http://www.bishopmuseum.org/careers/
Contact: Cheyenne Velez, Bishop Museum