Communications & Marketing Manager
Location: Honolulu, HI
Re-use Hawai‘i is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization on a mission to strengthen our community by decreasing waste, providing affordable resources, creating green jobs, and (re)cultivating the circular economy.
Every year, we divert an average of 740,000 pounds of resources from the landfill through our Deconstruction and Redistribution programs. Deconstruction is a sustainable alternative to demolition where our skilled crews hand-disassemble buildings to salvage the material for reuse. These building materials, along with salvaged furniture, appliances, hardware, and more are sold at our Redistribution Centers for 40-90% off retail value. We're proud to provide an affordable resource for our community while decreasing waste and the emissions associated with the production of new materials.
In addition to our Deconstruction and Redistribution programs, we've recently furthered our commitment to the community through our Workforce Development Program (WFD) where we provide sustainable job training to individuals facing barriers to employment.
We're excited to invite passionate, collaborative, and community-minded individuals to apply for this role. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should explain your interest in Re-use Hawaii's mission and how your skill set will contribute to our team.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop communications and marketing strategies into a written plan.
- Develop and manage social media strategy including content creation, production, and replies.
- Update and manage the organization's website. Oversee all website revisions, including collaborations with volunteers and contractors.
- Oversee, coordinate, and participate in media outreach and PR coverage.
- Oversee the creation of the organization's quarterly newsletter, weekly and monthly ebroadcasts.
- Produce/Update brochures and fliers.
- Create and manage signage, TV designs, banners, and other communication collateral
- Share the organization’s mission fulfillment metrics with the community (tracked by the Director of Administration)
- Oversee video production as needed.
- Oversee eCom systems & collaborate with material inventory staff on eCom marketing.
- Collaborate with Sales lead to develop and promote sales (or other marketing techniques) weekly or as needed
- Collaborate with in-house craftsman on the development and promotion of Made by Re-use items (especially during holidays)
- Collaborate with the Fundraising Director on fulfilling benefits for Corporate Sponsorships
- Collaborate with Project Developer to receive deconstruction client feedback
- Collaborate with the Deconstruction Manager to obtain content of deconstruction projects
- Attend events and occasionally present on Re-use Hawaiʻi programs.
- Creates and conducts presentations for the community as needed.
- Manage Google Ads.
- Manage Google Business accounts for O‘ahu and Hawai‘i Island.
- Use NEON CRM to aid in the management of customers and contacts.
- Participate in team meetings and training.
- Participate and help guide internal communications such as video updates and staff engagement surveys.
- Train staff on the organization's talking points.
- Coordinate outside sales strategies and activities.
- Collaborate with the ED to create connections to local businesses and community groups in order to expand impact.
- Coordinate and lead school/educational tours of the warehouse.
- Participate in the development of new programs.
- Maintain and adapt our branding throughout marketing and communications collateral.
- Monitor and compile social media, website, and e-broadcast data and analytics.
- Create forms and surveys for communication and marketing needs.
- Consult with other leadership members on their external communication efforts.
- Mentor and lead communication assistants and specialists within the organization.
- Research current trends, evolving marketing standards, and community needs to create effective and sustainable messaging.
- Use the values and principles of the organization as guidance in all problem-solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrate strong skills in organization and time management, positive communication, motivational leadership, problem-solving, making timely and informed decisions, record keeping, and strong people skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of positive relationships and team building. ● Lead with an understanding of the dynamics involved in a social enterprise/public benefit non-profit model.
- Genuinely demonstrate passion and excitement to make things better for everyone in the organization.
- Create fun and have fun in the workplace.
- When faced with challenges, find opportunities.
- Since this position requires a lot of training and takes a lot of time to establish proficiency and community connections, a minimum one-year commitment is requested.
- Forge a new industry and help our community be more sustainable
- Work with a fun, diverse, and dynamic team
- Opportunity to be innovative and creative
- Work in a well-equipped, comfortable office
- iPhone and laptop provided
Compensation, benefits, and resources:
- Annual Salary of $40,000 (paychecks weekly)
- Paid vacation and sick time (accrued)
- Medical/prescription drug insurance (HMAA)
- Elective dental and vision insurance available (HDS / HMAA)
- Store credit & employee discount
Contact: Michaela Nartia, Re-use Hawaii