Location: Wailuku/Kahului, HI
Recruitment Number 23-089JCK, Clerk III, SR-08*, Wailuku/Kahului, Maui.
*Salary rate effective July 1, 2023
Summary of Duties
Performs complex clerical work and/or supervises and participates in performing moderately complex clerical work; may perform skilled typing and/or keyboarding work; and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
General Clerical Experience: One and one-half (1-1/2) years of work experience which involved performance of a variety of clerical tasks, with or without the use of a typewriter and/or computer, which demonstrated knowledge of English grammar, spelling, arithmetic, common office appliances and equipment; the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, carry out procedures in clerical work systems, speak and write simply and directly, compare words and numbers quickly and accurately; operate various kinds of office equipment.
Non-Qualifying Experience: Experience limited to the performance of simple and repetitious clerical work which primarily involved a short cycle of tasks and manual dexterity shall not be considered qualifying. Examples of such non-qualifying work include but is not limited to such tasks as wrapping and unwrapping articles; opening envelopes, folders and similar containers; affixing tags and labels; arranging, rearranging or tidying up office desks and equipment; delivering, distributing or collecting correspondence or parcels.
1) Graduation from high school may be substituted for six (6) months of General Clerical Experience.
2) Education at an accredited community college, business or technical school in a substantially full-time clerical curriculum may be substituted for General Clerical Experience on the basis of 15 semester hours for six (6) months of experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
3) Education at an accredited community college or university in a baccalaureate program may be substituted for the General Clerical Experience on the basis of 15 semester hours for six (6) months of experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Selective Certification Requirements:
1. Typing: Some positions require typing and/or keyboarding skills (40 net words per minute) and/or the ability to use typewriters, computers and word processing and/or other software applications.
2. Driver's License: For certain positions, applicants must possess a current and valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle.
Any additional information may be attached to your online application, submitted by email to Recruitment@courts.hawaii.gov, or mailed to the following address: Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813.
Education: If you are using education as a substitute for experience, you must submit a copy of your official transcripts or diploma at the time of application. If you are selected, you will need an official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of the training or the awarding of the appropriate degree.
CLICK HERE (Download PDF reader) for other important information about the Merit or Civil Service System, Citizenship and Residency requirements, Accommodations, Veterans Preference, Examination process, Administrative Review, and more.