Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Under the supervision of the Case Manager Supervisor, the Case Manager carries out case management services (CMS) or addiction care coordination (ACC) with clients, in accordance with the Hina Mauka policies and procedures. CMS is designed to provide clients with case management and services coordination activities that offer goal orientated and individualized support focusing on improved self-efficacy.
Case management and services coordination are based upon the client’s individual needs and may include assistance related to health care, housing, social services, employment and recreational activities. Hina Mauka will comply with all CARF regulations in order to assure quality control. The Case Manager protects the confidentiality of clients and client records in accordance with all applicable Federal regulations.
1. Assesses if clients meet criteria for CM.
2. Assists clients in obtaining services that promote self-efficacy. The referral process may occur at any point during the treatment process.
3. Collaborates with persons served in the provision of CM services with clients being served. Elements provided are dependent on the needs of persons being served and/or funder/regulatory requirements.
4. Provides clients with lists of appropriate service providers, and assists them in scheduling appointments with relevant providers.
5. Makes efforts to provide CM in locations that meet the needs of the persons served.
6. Includes outside services and benefits gained from CM as part of the clients’
7. Ensures that clients sign a “Consent to Release Information” form prior to
contacting any outside agency/provider on behalf of clients.
8. Documents the following in client records: Referral Agency/Individual, Reason for Referral, Contact Person, Date of Contact, Date of Appointment, All communication with the Agency/Individual, Outcome of the Referred Service
9. Maintains client records in accordance with Hina Mauka policies and procedures and in compliance with all state and federal laws, licensing and accreditation standards and contract stipulations.
10. Completes fiscal, statistical reporting and quality improvement tasks as required.
Educational/Experience and Training:
1. Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) or an Advance Degree in Social work, Psychology or Behavioral Science preferred.
2. Within 1 year of obtaining certification in the State of Hawaii as a Substance Abuse Counselor and/or receiving higher education in the field of Social Work, Psychology or behavioral science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance use disorders, including persons with co-occurring disorders and a criminal background.
2. Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful situations by applying crisis management and time management skills.
3. Ability to maintain accurate and concise records in a timely manner.
4. Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
5. Demonstrate the Hina Mauka values in interactions with persons served, their support services and others in the community who are engaged with Hina Mauka.
Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 pounds); occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. Occasional standing/walking/driving. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases. May perform emergency care.
To apply please email your resume.
*Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits to employees that increases over their length of employment.
*Holidays. Hina Mauka provides paid time off for 16 annual holidays
*Health Insurance HMSA/Kaiser/HDS.
*Supplemental insurance plans are available through AFLAC.
*Hina Mauka utilizes an Employee Assistance Program through Work Life Hawaii at no cost to the employee.
*Training and support are available for work-related workshops.
*Hina Mauka offers employees a 403(b) plan that allows for pre-tax contributions by the employee for deferred tax saving.
*Group life insurance is offered at no cost to the employee.
*Other benefits including family and medical leave, worker’s compensation, TDI, bereavement leave, and supplemental pay for jury duty are also available.
Email resume for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer