Biller - Charge Processing
Location: Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795
Mālama (stewardship)- We listen to people with our full attention, seeking to know them and understand their healthcare and wellness needs and aspirations for themselves, their family and the Waimānalo community. We will respond, to the best of our abilities, as caring, compassionate, engaged and professional partners in healthcare.
`Ohana (family)- We believe that wellness embraces the whole family and we welcome their participation in the healthcare of their loved ones. Our belief extends to the Waimānalo community-at-large where we build the foundation of good health and wellness for everyone, and we seek collaborative partners who share our values and vision.
Pono(rightness and balance) - We know that quality healthcare starts with people’s trust in our services and the excellence of our care for them and the resources entrusted to us to meet their needs. We are committed to maintaining their trust by treating people with respect and confidentiality, and by being open about our organizational practices and results, seeking to continuously improve our work.
We are seeking a dedicated, talented and team-oriented Biller – Charge Processing to join our `ohana (family) to support our mission and values.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
Primarily responsible for the processing of all client encounters, including insurance verification, charge capture, posting in EPM, insurance claims, patient statements, electronic claims and missing encounters follow up. Other periodic duties may include accounts receivable (AR) follow up and payment processing activities.
Two-year certificate from college or technical school; or two years or more in a similar job capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess an active Medical Coder Certification preferred
- Familiarity with the local healthcare industry trends and environment
- Familiarity with FQHC and FFS billing rules.
- Experience with electronic medical billing systems including workflows and understanding of basic library set up
- Ten-key by touch. Basic to intermediate skills in Word, Excel and Outlook email.
- Capable of performing accurate addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentage calculations.
- Must be a person of mature character, sound judgment and caring nature, highly accurate and attentive to details. Demonstrates prudent fiscal responsibility when dealing with organizational resources and billing duties.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of the diverse cultural appropriateness of the individuals and families in the community.
- Has a desire to benefit the community.
- Has an interest in improving the health of the community.
- Able to communicate clearly and tactfully with others, prepare written reports and other necessary communications in a professional manner.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to accept criticism and desires personal growth.
- Able to be flexible, pleasant, kind.
- Must have initiative, motivation and be highly productive
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Two-Step Tuberculosis clearance is required.
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental Drug, Vision) – Employee coverage paid by WHC
- Discounted Medical and Dental services provided by WHC
- Paid Holidays – 10 Full days and 2 Half Days
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Wellness Hours
- Wellness Bucks - $200 annually
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Group-term Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Retirement Savings Pan 403(b) – Employer match 50% of employee contribution up to a maximum of 3% of employee wages
- Flexible Spending Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-tax Commute Plan
- Longevity Benefit – After 10 or more years of service
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Free Parking
Contact: Malulani Eccleshall, Waimanalo Health Center
Phone: (808) 954-7173