Bilingual DPS Optional Tour Operations Associate(Japanese/English)
Location: Honolulu, HI
- Using the optional tour reservations system, prepares final printouts of optional tours/omiyage and communicates, by email, phone, fax, or Electronic Data Interface to the respective vendors.
- Arranges LOOK, Group, Web, TPH and other agents optional tour bookings.
- Makes bookings from various sources.
- Controls option blocks in various in-house computer systems.
- Prepares dispatch sheets, obtains flight information from airlines, relays the information to vendors for one-day island tours.
- Communicates essential information and assists with agents’ reservations, and assists hotel and operations staff regarding optional tours and system inputting.
- Inputs data into the various in-house computer systems for future, last minute, and past optional tour reservations.
- Makes gourmet coupon bookings.
- Makes golf reservations. Prepares special information such as aeration/tournament schedules.
- Makes Omiyage bookings.
- Prepares monthly sales reports.
- Performs clerical duties which include data entry, filing, compilation of information, sending and receiving correspondence/facsimiles, running errands by car or on foot, answering phones, taking messages, and typing memos.
- Sets up and adjusts block seating. Requests monthly blocks from airlines and golf courses.
- Works on site when large groups are in-house.
- Assists dispatchers and inputs non-optional tours into the computer as deemed necessary.
- Acts as a direct contact to JTB in Japan by e-mail, phone or fax.
- Keeps monthly inventory of air usage and prepares monthly usage report.
- Respond to claims and performs investigations as necessary.
- Reports any incidents such as option cancellations or accidents to customer service staff as well as Japan offices.
- Periodically performs quality checks of optional tours to make sure that customers are provided with everything listed on the optional tour descriptions.
- Assists DPS Purchasing, Planning & Marketing department whenever necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Six months experience in an office environment, customer service, and/or in travel industry desirable.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients in English and Japanese via written and verbal communication methods. Interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with inside and outside sources.
- Knowledge of optional tours, basic reservations concepts and procedures helpful.
- Working knowledge and skills with basic computer systems and software, application programs, e-mail and standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of telephone operations, telephone etiquette and business protocol. Courteous and friendly telephone manners.
- Typing 45 wpm. Ability to input data into various computer systems with accuracy.
- Basic math skills and 10-key.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively plan and organize duties to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Driver’s license preferred.
Variable between 08:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. 5 days per week, or as deemed necessary.
Weekend and holiday work required.
Contact: Makiko Pluhar, JTB Hawaii Inc.