Bilingual Customer Service Associate ( FT, PT & On-call)
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI
- Meets tour arrivals and departures at airport and assists customers with claims against airlines for damaged, delayed, and missing bags; also documents all such cases; accompanies customers to and from their dispatched vehicles. For LOOK arrival tours, briefs customers about contents of Oli Oli kits and itineraries. For GROUP and FIT arrival tours, provides briefing of Kona-stay itinerary. Assists customers with problems, questions, and forgotten items.
- Assists customers by inspecting their inter island departure tickets for accuracy.
- Conducts briefings of Rental Car Plan customers on car pickup and return procedures.
- Records and communicates all changes in customer count, baggage count, flight delays, flight cancellations, deviations, vehicle changes, missing customers and emergencies.
- Sells optional tours/souvenirs, collects payments, inputs into computer, books sales to Kona optional tour vendors, obtains confirmation; balances sales with receipts; verifies optional tours/souvenirs report.
- Prints arrival/departure reports and itineraries from in-house system for next arrival day. Lists Group and FIT arrivals for next day. Books arrivals and departures for all tour types with transportation companies.
- Reconfirms functions that appear on itinerary with vendors. Prepares for next day arrivals with meal coupons, tour itineraries, hotel and JTB services information, and optional tour. Completes and delivers faxes, emails/baggage pulls for unescorted customers to hotels.
- Assists special groups with hotel check-in.
- Assists with medical emergencies; including accompanying ill or injured customers to hospital or clinic emergency facility, caring for families of hospitalized or deceased customers, and adjusting tour itineraries as necessitated by emergency; mediates insurance and payment communication among customer, hospital, and insurance provider.
- Creates Japanese-translated documents: itineraries, hotel information documents, optional tour pick-up schedules, reports, and incoming forecasts. Creates English documents and reports via computer.
- Drives company vehicles or own vehicles to airport, hotels and for errands.
- Assists with training and educating new staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1-year cash handling experience.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients in English and Japanese via written and verbal communication methods.
- Knowledge of customer service including telephone etiquette, business protocol preferable.
- Working knowledge of Hawaii’s tourism infrastructure, Japanese tour characteristics, and Japanese culture and customs.
- Basic math skills, ability to use calculator.
- Computer skills; ability to input/output sales.
- Ability to handle stressful situations; ability to solve problems and handle complaints in calm, professional manner.
- Ability to work with alertness, accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to remember/keep up with constantly changing details regarding hotels, airlines, tour movements, prices, time schedules, etc.
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively with others; ability to work with employees, business partners, and customers in a friendly and positive manner.
- Possession of a valid State of Hawaii driver’s license.
Variable between 5:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., occasionally extending beyond 8:00 pm. Full time typically works 40 hours per week and as deemed necessary. Parttime typically works 20-39.9 hours per week as deemed necessary. On-call typically works only when needed or assigned. Number of days and hours scheduled will vary. Overtime, weekend and holiday work required.
Contact: JTB Hawaii Inc.