Assistant Director of Donor Relations
- Represent the Foundation and the Office of Donor Relations in a positive manner by providing the highest level of responsiveness and customer service internally, to the university, and to the community.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Maintain working knowledge of best practices in the field of donor relations and stewardship.
- Work in collaboration with the Director to develop and implement a comprehensive stewardship program that includes, but is not limited to, written acknowledgement of donors, donor impact pieces and appropriate donor stewardship activities.
- Work in collaboration with the Director to develop and implement donor relations plans, policies and procedures including stewardship plans for major donors.
- Assist in developing, recording, implementing, tracking, and updating stewardship plans for top donors.
- In coordination with the Office of Donor Relations staff, plan and implement special donor recognition.
- Assist with donor society stewardship activities and events.
- Work with appropriate Foundation staff to prepare gift agreements and bios that meet the approval of the donors, the Foundation, and the University.
- Gather, assemble, and refine material and data required for reports and other written communications such as endowment and annual reports. May include researching records and extracting appropriate facts.
- Assist with the donor endowment process, including preparation of endowment reports, verification of accuracy, and partnership with various internal departments to obtain data and ensure timeliness. Prepare and distribute all endowment reports to fund contacts.
- Draft written correspondence and proof various forms of copy for the Office of Donor Relations.
- Responsible for handling donor inquiries and requests via telephone, written or electronic communications.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Perform other related work duties as required.
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations will meet annually with his/her supervisor to put in place a plan for the year. At the end of each year, the Associate Director and his/her supervisor will review progress toward the annual goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in English, Communication or related field.
Minimum three years’ experience in donor relations or related position involving stewardship.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing for result oriented and positive customer service with both internal and external constituents.
Excellent phone/interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent proofreading skills.
Demonstration of motivation and creativity.
Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability.
Ability to work according to program deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to use discretion in working with sensitive and confidential data.
Professional, self-starter and team player.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, mail merge functions, and database and records management.
Working knowledge of Advance and OneSolution desired.
Exemplify and live the values of the UH Foundation (accountability, excellence, integrity, service, teamwork and trust).
Contact: University of Hawai‘i Foundation
Phone: (808) 956-9786