Location: Waimanalo, HI
The Medical Assistant will work in collaboration with the clinic staff to assess, plan, provide exemplary patient care and implementation of care plans. . The MA I also will assist in administrative and clinical duties as instructed by the Clinic Team Lead, Director of Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Officer, or other medical provider within WHC. The Medical Assistant provides patient care in a holistic and culturally sensitive manner, in a team-based, patient-centered approach, as a part of Waimanalo Health Center’s Patient-Centered Health Care Home approach to care.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program with 200 hours of clinical externship, military specialist training or completion of two year on-the-job training in medical assisting with 6months of training. National certification preferred.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word and Excel). Prior experience with an EMR system not required but helpful. Possess excellent customer service and patient care skills. Interacts in a friendly, professional manner with a diverse patient population, staff, providers, internal and external vendors.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the physical and emotional development of all age groups.
- Familiarity with the communities to be served is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and rofessionals in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Nursing program.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Demonstrates ability to both verbally and in writing effectively communicate with the population served and in team or group settings.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Graduate from a certified Medical Assistant program and/or have a patient caretraining certificate
- Updated TB skin test result
- Hepatitis B records or titers
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental Drug, Vision) – Employee coverage paid by WHC
- Discounted Medical and Dental services provided by WHC
- Paid Holidays – 10 Full days and 2 Half Days
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 1 to 3 years – Max. Accrual = 120 hours
- 3 to 8 years – Max. Accrual = 160 hours
- 8 + years – Max. Accrual = 200 hours
- Paid Wellness Hours
- Wellness Bucks - $200 annually
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Group-term Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Retirement Savings Pan 403(b) – Employer match 50% of employee contribution up to a maximum of 3% of employee wages
- Flexible Spending Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-tax Commute Plan
- Longevity Benefit – After 10 or more years of service
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- and more…
Contact: Malulani Eccleshall, Waimanalo Health Center
Phone: (808) 954-7173