Call for Entries: Alumni Photo Calendar Contest
UH Alumni & UHAA Members – send us your favorite original photograph that shows how we celebrate holidays and special days in Hawai‘i with a local flavor for our 2012 Alumni Photo Calendar contest. Photos do not have to be taken in Hawai‘i, as long as they have a local angle. And remember, we’ll need a photo for every month!
Occasions to consider:
- January: New Year, Chinese New Year (Jan. 23, 2012), Birthdays of King Lunalilo & Queen Emma
- February: Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, Mardi Gras, Birthday of King Kamehameha IV
- March: Girls’ Day, Prince Kūhiō Day, St. Patrick’s Day
- April: Easter (April 8, 2012), Earth Day
- May: Lei Day, Boys’ Day, Mothers’ Day, Memorial Day, Cinco de Mayo
- June: King Kamehameha Day, Fathers’ Day
- July: Independence Day, Summer Fun
- August: Statehood Day, Back-to-School
- September: Labor Day
- October: Columbus Day, Halloween
- November: Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day
- December: Christmas, Hanukkah, Pearl Harbor Day
Other celebrations: Festivals, graduation, weddings, baby lū‘aus, birthdays, etc.
Entries must be high-resolution digital images, minimum size at least 11.25" wide x 8.75" tall at 300 dpi resolution. Entries smaller than this will automatically be disqualified. Limit one entry per University of Hawai‘i alumna/us or UHAA member. Entries must be the original work of the person submitting the photo. Winning entries will be featured in the 2012 Alumni Photo Calendar, and winners will receive five copies of the printed calendars. Please read the Official Contest Rules before entering.
Entry deadline is 5 p.m. on Sept. 23, 2011.